At Buckhead Dental Group, restorative dentistry is one of the most common services we treat our patients. Most patients will need some restorative procedure at some point in their lives, as Restorative dentistry is used to restore function and appearance back to teeth and to prevent further damage. Using restorative treatments, our dentists can detect and correct any dental problems you may have and restore your teeth back to health.
Restorative dentistry is a specific branch of dentistry that is focused on restoring the health and function of your smile from tooth decay, tooth damage, and tooth loss. Unlike cosmetic procedures, which more commonly focus on appearance, restorative dentistry specifically focuses on repairing and restoring areas of damage and decay. Whether your teeth are decayed, damaged from traumatic injury, or missing, our dentists restorative dental techniques to help repair your smile and bring it back to life.
Here are some restorative dentistry procedures we offer to our patients:
- Fillings: These types of restorations work to protect the inner tooth by filling decayed or damaged areas with composite resin. At Buckhead Dental Group, we work with composite tooth-colored fillings to create a seamless repair to a cavity-damaged teeth.
- Crowns and Bridges: Dental crowns and bridges both work to provide protective covers for one or more teeth. Crowns protect areas of severe decay or cracks in a single tooth and act as a cap to protect the inner tooth. Bridges work to create suspension of fake teeth between two crowns to replace missing teeth.
- Dental Bonding: Bonding procedures work to protect the outer areas of the tooth, mend areas of damaged enamel to restore tooth function, eliminate areas of sensitivity, improve appearance, and prevent further dental issues.
- Implants: Implants primarily work to replace areas of missing teeth. These implants are supported by the bone in your jaws and are supposed to support crowns that function just like natural teeth.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable artificial teeth that are used to replace missing teeth. They are an economical way to replace teeth.
- Root Canal Treatment: Root canal treatments maintain the natural tooth by removing the inner tooth’s diseased nerve and sealing the nerve canal with filling materials. This treatment is primarily used when the nerve is infected, but the tooth, otherwise, maintains a healthy exterior.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: Full mouth reconstructions work with multiple restorative procedures to treat the entire mouth and can include a combination of implants, crowns, bridges, and fillings to restore a patient’s smile completely.
Overall, restorative dentistry provides our team with the best avenues to restore tooth function, eliminate pain, and improve your smile’s appearance. We can work with you to design a personalized treatment plan that meets your dental concerns and gives you back your smile.