It’s important that all of your teeth function properly without any problems, but it’s also important for your teeth to look good as well. At Buckhead Dental Group, we work to take care of our patients because we understand how essential it is to look good and feel confident. That’s why we offer both veneers and laminates to our patients.
Both veneers and laminates are used to improve the appearance of your teeth. Veneers work to cover your teeth through the partial removal of your tooth’s enamel to correct signs of large gaps, teeth chipping, imperfect shapes, tooth discoloration, and multiple unsightly restorations. Veneers are considered an excellent method for correcting moderate to major sources of imperfection or injury that cannot be corrected through other restorative means.
But while veneers work to cover the entire front of the tooth to eliminate imperfections, laminates are a lighter, less-invasive version of veneers. Laminates are thinner, about the width of contact lenses, and are less invasive because they do not require the tooth’s enamel to be removed. Because of how little prep work is required for laminates, they’re most often used to correct minor signs of imperfection, including tooth discoloration and microfractures.
Veneers and laminates can do a remarkable job at completely transforming your smile. Our team can help craft your smile and give your smile a beautiful, uniform appearance. We provide both dental veneers and laminates so that patients can restore damaged teeth and transform their smiles. Our procedure for both veneers and laminates goes as follows:
- In order to qualify for either dental veneers or laminates, patients must have a healthy tooth structure with roots in place. Patients faced with cavities or gum disease will need to be treated before qualifying for this restoration.
- Our team will take an impression of their teeth when patients visit our office. These impressions will be used to create a 3D model to fabricate the veneers or laminates made of porcelain for their teeth.
- During this time, temporary veneers or laminates will be placed onto the teeth to provide our patients with the correct measurements and to allow patients to learn what to expect from their permanent restoration.
- Once the permanent restoration is ready, patients will come back into our office so that the temporary veneers or laminates can be removed and replaced. This appointment is used to ensure that the new restoration will provide a perfect fit and appearance. Adjustments are made as needed.
- Once the restoration is in place, our dentists may prescribe pain medications and provide post-procedure instructions to help patients adjust to their new smile.
Veneers and laminates both provide advantages and disadvantages for patients, and each patient varies according to their personal needs, medical history, costs, and other factors. If you’re looking for a smile enhancement and want to learn more about veneers and laminates, visit Buckhead Dental Group today to schedule an appointment for your dental consultation.